8.26.2010

For never was a story of more woe, Than this of Juliet and her Romeo

What does Romeo have to do with jewelry?  Well nothing, but Juliet has a lot to do with it!  Read on!  Thank you to my wonderful friend for her beautiful review of one of our pieces.  As a shameless plug for a friend, please hop on over to her blog and be sure to follow the makings of an authoress.

It’s Amanda Nicole again.  (Waving!)  Rachael’s friendly, unpaid, buys the jewelry she writes about reviewer.  (Yes, I need to rethink this whole thing.)  I’m also the friend who doesn’t wear jewelry, and doesn’t exactly like jewelry.  Yet, here I am reviewing the jewelry.
Everyone likes new things.  Or, at least so I am told.  Today’s edition is the Juliet Bracelet.  I’m pretty sure you’re supposed to think of Romeo & Juliet when you see this bracelet.  It has four charms and two “pearls.”  Bear with my art critique here.  This piece is a work of art, and what one person sees might not be what another person sees.  Let’s take each of the four charms separately for our critique.

Juliet Bracelet 
all photos by Amanda Nicole Trisdale


We will start with the key.  It is a lovely key with “LOVE” as the teeth.  I will believe the designer meant that love is the key to unlock any door; be the door bolted shut with compassion or hate.  I find the key a pivotal part of the play, and of this bracelet.  For what is Romeo & Juliet without the moral of the story?


 
Next comes the heart.  It should not be shocking to find a heart on a bracelet based on one of the greatest love stories of all time.  This little charm shows how beautiful and delicate love can be.
 
After the heart we have the cameo.  We can never forget the young beauty who tragically takes her own life for love.  Timeless, ageless in the shadow of our memory, Juliet reminds us that we must seek the better self within us, not the hate that surrounds us.
 
Some might disagree with the inclusion of the symbol of peace on this work.  I would ask them to think about the play.  A love that could overcome hate is a love that brought peace between two families.  Remember the ending of Romeo and Juliet.  Both fathers stand looking down at the bodies of their children.  In that moment, Montague and Capulet realize what their feuding has cost them; their children.  Peace, the final gift of Juliet to her family.  Love, the key to unlock not only someone’s heart, but to unlock peace.  Two symbols by each other on a bracelet, meaningless one without the other.  For can one truly have peace without love?  Or love without peace?
 
So, whether you are like me and bought this lovely piece due to the fact your niece is named after the heroine in a Shakespeare play, are a fan of one of the greatest and longest enduring love stories of all time, or just love a beautiful piece of jewelry, buy the Juliet Bracelet.  Or, seeing as how Christmas is coming up, pick up the bracelet for that woman in your life you have been feuding with. 

For those who don’t like large charms on your wrist, but love the charms on the bracelet, you are in luck.  Park Lane happens to have the same piece in a necklace.  The bracelet is $55.  The necklace is $119.  Rachael can always work in a lovely deal for you.  Talk to Rachael for more details.
“For never was a story of more woe/Than this of Juliet and her Romeo.”  The Prince’s eulogy for Juliet and Romeo at the end of the play.

**From Rachael:  Amanda, Thank you so much for this beautiful review of the Juliet bracelet.  I must admit at first I was slightly irritated by the peace symbol on this lovely bracelet, but you helped me to remember the message of Romeo and Juliet.  Photos really don't do this piece justice, it is precious.  If pictures are worth a thousand words, then these lovely words are only half of the story!  Please do be sure to give your love this bracelet!!
(yes, we do have deals!!!)

5 comments:

  1. I had the same first impression about the peace symbol. I didn't like the key, either. Then I realized what the artist/designer was trying to get across. The Juliet pieces are really works of art, versus just jewelry. You know me. I love a good work of art.

    Thanks for letting me play in your sandbox. Hopefully your readers like my review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are absolutely right! But don't you think jewelry can be works of art that can be carried with you? I think it's a lovely marriage of man made and God made, into a piece of art that can be worn, and treasured by the wearer.

    Regardless of what my readers think (although I hope you all love it!!!!), I'm grateful for your hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are those pieces you pick up and go "jewelry" (think diamond tennis bracelet or a string of pearls.) You can't really call those works of art. How much imagination went in to stringing pearls together? Now, my Evenstar, the Juliet Bracelet/Necklace, Berry Sweet, Heavenly Necklace (well, you get my point), those are pieces of art. There are good pieces and there are pieces that are not so good.

    Feel free to disagree with me on the string pieces. Art is in the eye of the beholder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on a tennis bracelet or stringing. However those 'go to' pieces can make or break an outfit.
    But I LOVE pearls...the more ridges the better...they just better have a good nacre.
    Oh, but back to tennis bracelet, the Signature bracelet JBPL has is not your average tennis bracelet. It borders on work of art, IMHO.
    Your Evenstar is hands down a work of art!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails