12.08.2010

Goodbye Turquoise, Hello....Honeysuckle?

2010 is drawing to a close...2011 is right around the corner.  Each year Pantone (the leader in color, and really an industry standard for colors) releases a color for the year.  
Pantone is pleased to announce PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise, an inviting, luminous hue, as the Color of the Year for 2010. Combining the serene qualities of blue and the invigorating aspects of green, Turquoise inspires thoughts of soothing, tropical waters and a comforting escape from the everyday troubles of the world, while at the same time restoring our sense of wellbeing.
I don't know about you, but 2010 was a bit of a roller coaster for many of my friends (I resemble this comment).  But 2010 also held optimism.  Hope for the future.
Many stylist forecasters are calling for Honeysuckle to be the color of the year.  Pantone has not released the official color of the year, I'm confident it'll be a stellar color, if it's not Honeysuckle.  

Have you ever been shopping and wondered, "I wonder if this color is going to be in season next year..." or, "Is this color a fad??" or "What do I wear this with?"  I have designed a neat-o tool for you to keep in your purse and whip out when you need it.  I have printed 1 full year of colors (Fall 2010 and Spring 2011) on a wallet sized card.  It's a great visual so you can have a heads up on what is in currently, and what will be coming.  Bear in mind that some states are more 'beige' than others (compare Colorado to New York.)  No, I'm not talking about the flora an fauna, but the colors people are safe wearing.  


Printers vary (trust me, I've learned this the hard way), so if you'd like a hard copy of this to schlep with you, send an email to rpparklane [AT] gmail [DOT] com.

Oh, Honeysuckle is the first color on the bottomYou can see that there are several variations of Turquoise in 2011 (that means you'll be safe with the colors you purchased in 2010!).  And really the Spring 2011 colors are an extension of the Fall 2010 colors

2 comments:

  1. Can I just stick with turquoise & blue since I'm in the Southwest? I am against shades of pink, or variations of pink, and honeysuckle is a pink. Or close enough I am against the color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog, you have some beautiful pieces, I also make and design my own jewellery.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails